Saturday, April 20, 2013

How do I keep this boy still?

Braiden is doing great! Just five days after his surgery and he is "up and running" like  nothing happened.  Although I am thrilled that he is recovering well it is going to be challenging to constantly have to remind him to not run, jump, wrestle, bounce,etc., for the next 5 weeks.  Pray that I am able to gently and gracefully remind him of his limitations and also pray that he heeds the limitations placed on him.  He's my limit pusher.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to see how well your lil guy has recovered. My son who will be 6 on May 22 has Legg Calves Perthes in his left leg, and we have gone through everything you have mentioned here as well. He had his surgery last August, and we still have plate and screws in; we have apt. beginning of June to determine when to have everything removed. I am just happy to read how fast recovery time once they remove everything could be. He had his surgery right when he started kindergarten so he missed almost 2 months of school from being in a spica cast. Good luck to you guys and I am glad to see he is doing well, I hope for my sons sake it goes as well as it has seemed to for you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brandy, I am glad you found my blog! It certainly is a rough road some days but our little boys are quite resilient. Braiden has been getting very frustrated lately because of the things he can't do and other kids can. His next appointment is in 2 weeks to see how the screw holes are healing......I'm hoping and praying to see some bone growth in the head of the femur....but then again I hope for that every visit. Thank you for stopping and posting on my blog.

      Delete